When I first started this term, I had no knowledge or idea of the work that I would be getting myself into.I had no idea of Digital Media, nor any information on New Media. I did not know how to make a video composition, a sound composition- although I dabbled pretty hard but never got anywhere. But I do now. I have learned about Digital media, and what my knowledge in this can do for me. My eyes have been opened to the power of New Media, and how an artist can bring something new and creative in many different forms to the world to bring enrichment. The biggest thing for me, is knowing that Art, can come in many different forms, shapes, and sizes and its cause can be for many different things and its affect can be greatly influenced because of all of this stuff. I would like to focus more on sound composition and music recording in the future. I think that this is a great medium for me, and I have a lot of ideas in this field. I just need time to be able to bring them to fruition. I think this goes hand and hand with my life as an artist, and as a student. I must stay on top of secular issues, and approach things in a passionate but emphatic human manner. I wish to continue learning, and growing in my new media studies.
Reflecting on a Selection of Spring Semester Courses-
Reflecting on DMA and Composition 2 along with Stage Combat and Acting 1B. I am shocked that so many of my classes do in fact overlap. I never really took the time sit and reflect on how much impact each class on the other class until now. My acting class of course connects with my stage combat class. They both build on my actor training, starting at the basics of craft, build towards technique, staying in the moment, and focusing on my partner. Those are the things they have in common, and they tie over into my Comp 2 and DMA classes. My comp 2 class this semester focused on topics such as Fairy tales over into Pan's Labyrinth. My DMA class this semester taught me alot about new media. In both these classes they share, Research and self education, Personal interest in the subject matter,and New Media topics. In all of these classes they overall prepare my actor Training, focus on Craft and technique, and New Media. I am very grateful for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment