Friday, March 29, 2013
Final Project/ Research Question
Introduction-
With this project I wanted to focus on actors- more importantly young actors and the affects of gender advertising. Being an actor myself, I know first hand of the dangers that lie in feeling inadequate,not beautiful or handsome, and not feeling like I will make it. I have felt at times, that I will never be successful in this profession- which I now don't even care about, because I just want to act Period. Or that I don't even want to be in this profession anymore. So I based my research question of of something that I felt close with and something that I felt has importance.
My research question-
Does Gender Advertising Negatively affect young actors...?
My flow/Concept Map Image-
Work Cited-
http://www.genderads.com/
This is a website database that has a lot of information of gender advertising. It has every single image out there, grouped into specific catagories... It's pretty great.
http://www.listal.com/list/actors-of-our-future
I thought this would be useful to get an idea of who are specific young actors and actresses that may be affected by gender advertising.
http://www.mediaed.org/assets/products/238/transcript_238.pdf
This pdf document has a list of popular shows and movies that have specific gander effecting things. Everything from the film, ''Boys Don't Cry.'' to ''The L Word''.
http://www.startips.com/
This is basically, a how to, on starting a child acting career.
Video Exercises
The Literacy rational,which is defined as the ability to read/interpret and write and compose in video format. This was a new and unique challenge for me to grasp, because video- is not a field that I am used to working in. But, basically, having an idea and following through with it, is something that I learned from this.
In this week's study, I searched and gathered information from the Archive, a huge online database/ library and took two separate videos,and a sound bite to create something like a new media composition. Also working with a new program like Camtasia, taught me a lot. The assignment was to create a video double exposure and a parallel video. The process for me, as I stated before was pretty challenging because I have never edited, yet along filmed a video before. So I had to figure it out as I went along, added to my educational adventure. But my original ideas was to use something Parkour related, as it is a big passion of mine. So I searched up this, along with FreeRunning on the Archive database and surprisingly a lot came up. So with the two videos that I found, one was an older one. One from the days when I first got interested, and the other video was one from this past year. So I decided to use those two, to sort of show the evolution that the art form has made.Showing what it was, to what it now is/ has become. The double exposure was exciting, and so was the Parallel. The only thing that I wish I could have done better, is that one of my video files, sort of got messed up during uploading. But I am enthusiastic about my finished product.
Research Oriented Video Composition-
I think I would love to explore something of inspiring, and informative research composition in the near future.
Project Video Composition-
For this project, I focuses on my research topic-child actors and Advertising.I wanted the piece to be inspiring and I wanted something that would have a message. Luckily the pieces that I found online in the Archive, were both interesting. One piece was a video slideshow of famous child actors, and the other was a talk on Talent. I put them both together, showing mainly the images of the child actors and actresses, but I wanted to focus the sound on the talk on talent. I blended both of the audio tracks together, but set it so that more of the talk on talent could be heard, so I had to go in and set and tweak the volume in different sections. I am happy with the turn out, and I think that it is a cute and informative video for people to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment