Thursday, March 21, 2013

End of Unit Blog Reflection

Initially, the 3D definition of Professionalism is something that makes sense. Professionalism is one thing that I recognize as the foundation for an Artist's career. The sort of first dimension being training, always approaching yourself and work to better and have a professional attitude. The second dimension, pushing beyond the training. Being creative, and always working at something, which works into the third one. I think this is a great way to complete the whole thing.

I learned some pretty interesting stuff in this unit. For one thing, Audacity. Audacity has always been something I was interested in because I love to write and sing music. But I never really learned how to use it. I find it funny, how I actually ended up learning how to use it because of school. Which is something that I USED to never see myself doing. But I really had to crack down on it in this unit.

I decided to work with a creative track. Because I feel research is something that I will always be doing. But the creating gets me going. So I got a theme of Friendship. Which is something that I think is really important, especially in life. Relationships, Careers, and happiness... are things that I think are due in part from friendships.
I got an idea to record a song. Or at least attempt it. I thought about what I could work with. I wrote some lyrics about a crush, or a girl that I would have a crush on. Sort of embodying it all. Then I thought about working with my friends. So I recorded the piece in the open, with my friends, so that I could get them talking about work and I could get the natural sound of a busy place. It really added a different dimension. Sometimes the take/ recording would be bad, because the sounds that I wanted, weren't really what I was looking for. But I just started over. The overall thing came together completely.

Overall, I feel the piece and my work is good. I am happy with it. I enjoy that I had an idea and followed through with it. I didn't change it, because it wasn't working out. I followed through with it. I really learned  more about what it takes to make a real project. It takes patience, and time. I think I was working on it for hours... but that is just what I takes I guess. That is the beauty of it. Of course if I were to make this a reall song of mine to show to people... I would put more touches on it, and make it longer and go back and write more lyrics. It still needs more work, and I plan to finish it and show later...  But I am happy with it.   Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment